If you’re reading this, you are clearly acquainted with blogs. What you may not know is how to park your expertise, personality, tips, and tricks into an online space where new and loyal customers stop by for advice they enjoy and trust.
And, if you build this blog will it bring business or just bystanders?
A blog will do both and is one of the most cost-effective ways to turn bystanders into customers. According to cbo.me, there are five key business benefits of blogging, they include:
- Builds brand awareness
- Positions expertise in the industry
- Develops relationships with customers
- Helps search engine optimization
- Provides opportunities for content sharing
Perhaps the most relevant blogging statistic is that posting your expertise online can be more effective in promoting your company than investing in paid advertising.
Statistics also point to the big-time benefits of blogs. The SEO Tribunal shares the following data on the booming blogosphere:
- Blog readership in the United States will exceed more than 31 million in 2020.
- 57% of marketers shared that blogging resulted in new customers.
- Business to Business marketers who use blogs earn 66% more leads.
- Globally there are 409 million monthly readers of over 2.2 billion blog posts.
It’s clear that opportunities abound in blogging, but where do you begin?
How to start writing a blog:
- Make a list of your skills and expertise.
- Write down questions customers repeatedly ask.
- Start reading the best business blogs to learn what content and approaches hit home.
- Research popular blog topics.
- Draft your first blog with a subject you know the most about and answers one of your customers’ top questions.
Where to post your blog and how:
So, what are you waiting for? Turn that blank page into a blog – it might be your business’s best friend. Need a little help? We have writers who can provide you with blog material on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. Give us a call at 800-900-3635.
© 2020 Poole Communications